Thread: Connecting to Windows VPN

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Connecting to Windows VPN

Alright. I work as a developer in an all Microsoft shop. I'm trying to connect to our VPN from home, but can't get it to work. I have the VPN setup, and it seems to let me connect (I get the "you are connected to...." message), but I can't access any of the resources on the VPN.

For example, my end goal is to be able to remote desktop to my (Windows) box at work. However, right now, I can't access anything.

I did a little bit of research, and, as far as I can tell, everything is set up as it should be. The VPN address, DNS servers and search domains are all filled out as the "VPN instructions" state from work, and from my reading online, I also have the PPTP Advanced Options set as described in some tutorials -- authentication methods checked are MSCHAP and MSCHAPv2, point-to-point encryption is enabled, as is BSD, Deflate and TCP header compression. I also played with the "Use this connection only for resources on its network" option, as I'd like to only use the VPN when necessary (I think this should be possible, as the Windows VPN connection instructions I got from work have Windows clients set up to use this feature).

Am I missing something?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Connecting to Windows VPN

Bueller?