Hello all.....

I am new to Ubuntu and linux for that matter and I am attempting to learn to program and making the switch at the same time.... Thus I would be considered a beginner. The reason I am running 13.04 is because 12.10 gave me so many problems which no one could answer that I began to try new versons of Ubuntu and 13.04 has been the by far the best i.e. touchpad works ... I have been able to get the wifi to work and i dont have a black screen when booting up or after updating.... These things are essential or me making the switch to linux due to the fact that, I fully commited to Ubuntu and erased windows 7....... Anyways thats just a little backround info and why I will be probally asking question that someone who is testing the daily build should know already and why if you chose to provide support please dont assume that I know what you are talking about....With that said

How do I change the screen resolution... When I go to system settings --display ---- it only has one setting " Laptop" is there a way to put more settings "i.e. code into the termanal that will allow me to create a sharper image .... and utilize the high res of my monitor....

Thanks in advance

Ibrahim717