Thread: What does this scary Leafpad error mean?

Beans

Question What does this scary Leafpad error mean?

I've been puzzling all day over a different, and vexing problem, for which solutions that were offered involved scripts created with Leafpad. Now I don't even know if Leafpad even works for me! What is this error, which I get every time I try and use it in any way (with or without opening or creating a new file)?
    Code:
    ** (leafpad:2839): WARNING **: Invalid borders specified for theme pixmap:
            /usr/share/themes/Lubuntu-default/gtk-2.0/images/null.png,
    borders don't fit within the image
    I first noticed it after trying to create an image in a hidden folder. Leafpad didn't have a problem opening a new file for creation there, but it would not display anything hidden in the Save As window! Do I need to reinstall?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Re: What does this scary Leafpad error mean?

According to this I'd check to see if the package lubuntu-artwork is installed.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by oldos2er View Post
    According to this I'd check to see if the package lubuntu-artwork is installed.
    It is installed...and I was close to being sold on this LXDE flavor!

Beans

IMO, you don't have to do anything! If you go by the errors one sees by launching programs from the terminal, many programs, not just Leafpad, will have to be junked. While I agree that errors should not be there, these errors are insignificant.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

It is not an error, only a warning. GTK-based programs typically throw up a lot of minor warnings. Don't worry about them, they are not causing any problems.
    I try to treat the cause, not the symptom. I avoid the terminal in instructions, unless it's easier or necessary. My instructions will work within the Ubuntu system, instead of breaking or subverting it. Those are the three guarantees to the helpee.