Thread: Soundblaster awe64 value (ct4520)

Beans

Question Soundblaster awe64 value (ct4520)

Xubuntu 12.04
    Got a pentium 3 all the hardware is well detected exept for the soundcard SOUNDBLASTER AWE64 VALUE (CT4520) i try several thing on several day and i cant have any result exept that my noise comming out that card change when i assing the ISA slot to irq5 in the bios

i try what it listed here https://wiki.ubuntu.com/HardwareSupp...dsCreativeLabs

(Type "sudo nano /etc/modules" in terminal, then add "snd-sbawe" at a separate line, save, quite, restart. For 8.10- additionally add user (here x) to group audio by "sudo adduser x audio" and reboot.)

it wont work. at worst i will install xubuntu 8.10 but before i wondering if there any way

i tryed to modprobe snd-sb16 . then alsamixer in consol...say there not such directory (the file is in /etc/modul/ i check it)
    even uninstall reinstall alsa-utils wont work.. i get the apt gnome alsa mixer in the ubuntu store... ass soon i click on hardware the apt crash

and at last i tryed what writed on http://www.alsa-project.org/main/ind...x:Module-sbawe

i cannot get past

cp /downloads/alsa-* .

am am not sure i did get the right git with the command

git clone git://git.alsa-project.org/alsa-driver.git

so far i try several thing and i dont have any clue to what i should try next so if you have any sugestion it would be awesome

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Soundblaster awe64 value (ct4520)

This ubuntu wiki page has some additional instructions for ISA cards.

Generally, I would avoid ISA cards, even on a Pentium 3. You could, for example, buy a soundblaster live! (even the 5.1 version) on ebay for less than $10.

Hope that helps.