Thread: Rhythmbox crash

Beans

Rhythmbox crash

When I opened Rhythmbox Player it looked ok for about half a second before crashing. I tried opening it from a terminal with the same result. Here is the info that showed up in the terminal.

elam@Compaq-Presario-CQ60:~$ rhythmbox

(rhythmbox:2035): Rhythmbox-WARNING **: Unable to grab media player keys: GDBus.Errorrg.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.gnome.SettingsDaemon was not provided by any .service files
    WARNING: gnome-keyring:: couldn't connect to: /tmp/keyring-GfA8yQ/pkcs11: No such file or directory

Does this help? Any other info needed?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Rhythmbox crash

Try running

Code:
    sudo apt-get install gstreamer-dbus-media-service

and see if that fixes it.
    I would also look into Audacious for that lower-end system if I were you.
    Last edited by cortman; March 8th, 2013 at 08:42 PM.

Beans

Tried it. Just discovered a new trick for the crash. It will run fine, but if I put in a cd with .wav tracks, it will crash as soon as it gets started.

This time it spit out this.

elam@Compaq-Presario-CQ60:~$ rhythmbox

(rhythmbox:2547): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_builder_get_object: assertion `GTK_IS_BUILDER (builder)' failed

(rhythmbox:2547): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_builder_get_object: assertion `GTK_IS_BUILDER (builder)' failed

(rhythmbox:2547): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_widget_set_sensitive: assertion `GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)' failed

(rhythmbox:2547): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_widget_set_sensitive: assertion `GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)' failed

(rhythmbox:2547): Rhythmbox-WARNING **: Unable to grab media player keys: GDBus.Errorrg.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.gnome.SettingsDaemon was not provided by any .service files
    WARNING: gnome-keyring:: couldn't connect to: /tmp/keyring-GfA8yQ/pkcs11: No such file or directory

Beans

Putting the cd in while Rhythmbox is up and running will cause it to crash. I tried sudo apt-get install rhythmbox --reinstall at the advice of cortman, but that didn't solve it.

Beans

I am having a very similar issue to the one that you are having. I originally thought that my problem was related to Rhythmbox updating to a version from an unstable source by the Webupd8Team, I added that source because it allowed me to install the PPA for accessing the file system on my android phone. Anyway, I reinstalled and forced the regular Ubuntu version in Synaptic, double checked and it definitely is not the Webupd8Team version and it still crashes. When I launch it from the Terminal, I get about a zillion messages that all read something like

(rhythmbox:12590): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme directory mimetypes/96 of theme malys-uniblue has no size field

(rhythmbox:12590): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme directory places/96 of theme malys-uniblue has no size field

(rhythmbox:12590): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme directory status/96 of theme malys-uniblue has no size field

(rhythmbox:12590): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme directory stock/96 of theme malys-uniblue has no size field

then once the program has loaded my entire music library it crashes and the Terminal spits out this

(rhythmbox:12590): Rhythmbox-WARNING **: Could not open device /dev/radio0
    RhythmDB:ERROR:rhythmdb-tree.c:1517:remove_child: assertion failed: (g_hash_table_remove (parent->children, data))
    Unable to open ~/.mtpz-data for reading, MTPZ disabled.Aborted (core dumped)

What seems most odd is that the Terminal is clearly making some kind of fuss about the contents of malys-uniblue which is my system icons set. If someone could please help me, that would be great, thanks.