Re: What's happening with quality?

@craig10x

this is the code that I used to change a fresh 12.10 install into Raring

Code:
    sudo sed -i 's/quantal/raring/g' /etc/apt/sources.list
    followed by
    Code:
     apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
    I do not know if something like that will work in May of this year. The repositories have to be available and have to have a name that can be referenced. Up until now the repositories have the code names of the releases. Continue testing. Some of us think it is fun. I am not sure that I am there yet.
    It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.
    Ubuntu user #33,200. Linux user #530,530

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Thanks for the "heads up" on that (how to upgrade)...normally i wait for a final release of ubuntu to install, but after checking out a live session of 13.04 i noticed that two annoying bugs i had with 12.10 were gone in 13.04, so i just couldn't resist getting involved in the development! But since installing, i have been VERY impressed by the reliability of the updates...I've had far fewer problems "rolling" with this then i had when i ran Linux Mint's LMDE (the rolling release version)...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

compiz has regressed significantly late in the cycle

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...z/+bug/1141079
    Desktop: Windows 8 x64 | Intel Core i5-2500 | 16 GB DDR3 1333 | ATI 6950 2gb | 64gb Vertex 2/320gb/750gb/1tb hdd
    Laptop: System76 Lemur Ultra | Xubuntu 13.04 x64 | 2.5Ghz Intel Core i5-3210m | 8GB DDR31600 | Intel HD4000 | 500GB 7200rpm hybrid hdd

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

The only Cell Phone and Tablet that I have are Apple IOS Devices, for which I am assuming that Ubuntu will NOT be available on them, and even if it was available I would NOT be allowed to test it as I am already Testing IOS Beta's on it and I am only allowed 1 Cell Phone on my Restricted Sprint 2 Year Cell Phone Contract so buying a Samsung Galaxy S3 to go along with my Apple IPhone 5 is NOT Possible at the moment.
    2013 Dell Inspiron 15 3521 Laptop, 2010 Dell Inspiron 1012 Mini Net Book, 2010 Dell Inspiron Zino HD 400, Sprint Samsung Galaxy S4, and Apple IPad Mini WIFI Only.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by screaminj3sus View Post
    compiz has regressed significantly late in the cycle

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...z/+bug/1141079
    I know your bug has been confirmed, so I'm not disputing it. That said...

I'm been having great luck with Compiz lately!

Here's VLC on my "virtual rolling release"...

I'm fully updated, as of 30 minutes ago...

EDIT

BTW, if you look closely, you'll see that the Banshee section in Conky says "Error".

That's actually the title of the dubstep song I'm listening to, in the background, NOT an error. LoL!

EDIT 2

n/m

I reread the bug and, indeed, there are problems with the "Fullscreen Interface".

I disabled window shadowing for VLC, in Compiz, and everything started working in "Fullscreen" mode... until the Unity Launcher popped up. Then, all bets were off.

You can 'reset' everything by right-clicking the screen, but as soon as the Launcher pops up, it knocks this_or_that out of action.

I'll add a "me too" in Launchpad...
    Last edited by VinDSL; March 9th, 2013 at 09:36 PM. Reason: Clarification
    Intel ® P4 Extreme Edition 3.4 (Gallatin) || DFI ® LanParty PRO875B rev B1
    Crucial ® Ballistix Tracer PC4000 1GB || Mountain Mods U2-UFO Opti-1203
    XFX 7600GT 560M AGP (PV-T73A-UDF3) || Corsair HX520W Modular PSU

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by guitara View Post
    This is interesting -- let me talk with the team on Monday. Thanks for pointing this out.
    kansasnoob, I asked about this and the short version of the story is the 'downgrade' was an unintended interaction with the installer. As you know, downgrading packages doesn't really work out so well, as it's not a supported thing (certainly not at a system level) to do so. If you wanted to rollback to an earlier release, i'd suggest just re-installing and reusing your /home directory. I hope that helps!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12