Thread: i cant get past a ubuntu boot screen

Beans

i cant get past a ubuntu boot screen

i installed ubuntu from my usb along side windows however when i boot ubuntuit wont boot past a screen with a list off actions and all oks and the list ends with stopping save kernal acttion

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: i cant get past a ubuntu boot screen

Could you please do this, boot the PC and in Grub (The menu where you pick what OS to boot), select the topmost line and press e, then scroll down using the arrow keys down to a line that starts with linux for example
    Code:
    linux   /boot/vmlinuz-3.7.0-7-generic root=UUID=c4db4ecf-5983-4e04-a2ce-ef49ca20fdda ro   quiet splash vt.handoff=7
    and remove everything past ro, like this
    Code:
    linux   /boot/vmlinuz-3.7.0-7-generic root=UUID=c4db4ecf-5983-4e04-a2ce-ef49ca20fdda ro
    After you are done, press Ctrl+X. You will see a lot of text scroll by, when you see that it is "stuck" for a while (Longer than 30 seconds), take a picture of the whole text using a camera or preferably type up what you see about 5-10 lines from the bottom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Linus Torvalds
    "Most good programmers do programming not because they expect to get paid or get adulation by the public, but because it is fun to program."

Beans

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Hi ,
    read here , about some parameters that you can apply.
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1613132

Hope it helps.

Thanks
    Last edited by NikTh; March 8th, 2013 at 01:42 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Hmm... Could you try doing the same process again, but also add "verbose nomodeset" after ro?
    Code:
    linux   /boot/vmlinuz-3.7.0-7-generic root=UUID=c4db4ecf-5983-4e04-a2ce-ef49ca20fdda ro verbose nomodeset
    Quote Originally Posted by Linus Torvalds
    "Most good programmers do programming not because they expect to get paid or get adulation by the public, but because it is fun to program."