Obviously I'm really excited about Ubuntu Touch and with that I created a list of random ideas that I hope will be present when it is released.
- First I hope we can customize the functionality of each side of the screen. I mean for me I want to have the Launcher/Unity bar at the right since I'm a right-hand person. Although this will be more beneficial for smartphones(only those you can hold in one hand ) than tablets.
- It'll be great if we can play games in side-stage even just the casual games. We can just rotate the tablet and browse the net while playing for example online poker. That's nice
- Ubuntu Tweak Screen edge - it could be an overkill for smartphones but for tablets it could be useful specially for example an outward swipe at the lower right edge of the screen will show all the open apps.
- Ability to do forward and backward in switching apps. You can't just swipe 9 times just to go back to the first app from the second app when you have ten open apps. That's ain't practical
- Some sort of Smart Cover...I'm not sure if it's patented by Apple but imagine you can partially open your tablet and you can use your tablet just by using the side-stage. Good for quick tasks such as reading messages,tweets, or even a quick Google search
- Dock Ubuntu Phone to a Docking Tablet - I don't how I'll call it but what I mean with the Docking Tablet is it's basically just a screen where you can dock your smartphone at the back and voila you have yourself an Ubuntu Tablet! Also the "Docking Tablet" will have it's own battery so you can prolong the battery life. Just like what Canonical is saying, "One platform for all your screens" now it'll be " One Device for all your needs" ...err something like that
Anyways, that's pretty much all I have in mind right now. How about everyone? You'll never know, Canonical might hear even just one of our request or ideas ;0