Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: system(command) not consistent with printing to stdout

Beans

Re: system(command) not consistent with printing to stdout

Quote Originally Posted by dwhitney67 View Post
    On the contrary... too much space is allocated for displaying one's avatar and forum metrics above each post. I fail to see what was wrong with the previous version.
    true. Also, it's not easy to make out where 1 post finishes and the next starts, we could give like a better border to show the division. I'll try mailing a few suggestions to the admin. (dwhitney67, I'm sorry, I'm not aware if you are one of them ). But since change is the only constant, I guess this is inevitable every now and then

Quote Originally Posted by r-senior View Post
    I need to get a cooling fan for my mouse wheel.
    haha . yup, too much scrolling required.

Re: system(command) not consistent with printing to stdout

Quote Originally Posted by ofnuts View Post
    The real problem is that the buffering of stdout varies with the type of the actual output. By default, if the output is a tty (ie, no redirection), stdout is line-buffered, and a "\n" in the stream forces a flush. Otherwise, it is block-buffered and you get output only when the buffer (usually 4K) is full, or when the stdout is closed or when the program exits...
    Well, you learn something new every day. I guess I knew that already, but I never thought about how it would interact with system(). Thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12