Thread: USB 3.0 Hub

Beans

USB 3.0 Hub

Ok I did a few quick searches and nothing jumped out at me right away. Also did a search on the compatibility thread and did not see any promising results. I need 2 or 3 usb 3.0 hubs. I would like them to powered (plug into the wall). I have had nothing but bad experiences buying USB hubs. They kind of work sometimes or just refuse the rest of the time. I am completely sick of it and need to upgrade. First priority is being compatible with Ubuntu (if that is even an issue) and secondary would be for use playing with a Raspberry Pi I see myself buying in the future. I can always just buy a separate hub for the Pi later. Price is a factor. I don't want to be paying $100 per hub, but I know what paying $10 a hub gets me. Suggestions or a link would be highly appreciated.

Found this after digging around. Has the best reviews I can find Ultra Aluminus USB 3.0 http://www.ultraproducts.com/applica...08431&CatId=48 on Tiger Direct it is $30, but it does not state linux compatible.
    Last edited by Bo0ddha; March 7th, 2013 at 08:24 AM. Reason: Found a possibility

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate Development Release

Re: USB 3.0 Hub

Wish you the best of luck -- you're liable to need it!

I've had problems with USB 3.0 working properly on my desktop -- and was only able to fix that when I scrounged a firmware update for the Sony Renesas chipset which, of course, could ONLY be applied in MS Windows. After that I got reliable performance in both Windows and Ubuntu.

So, if the hub doesn't work well (you get USB 2 speeds instead of USB 3), you might be up against the same problem.
    Ubuntu 20.04, Mint 19.10; MS Win10 Pro.
    Will not respond to PM requests for support -- use the forums.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: USB 3.0 Hub

I found USB 3.0 would not work until I disabled Legacy USB 3.0 in BIOS. However this may mean that if you have a USB keyboard and use a UEFI BIOS the keyboard won't work in BIOS
    MB: Asrock Extreme4-M CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770K CPU @3.50GHz Memory: Corsair Low Profile Vengeance 16.00 GB. GC On CPU HD4000 Platform: x86_64 Distribution: