Thread: Champions of Regnum on Steam - Some problems.

Hybrid View

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Champions of Regnum on Steam - Some problems.

Installed COR on Steam the other day. The game is not too bad. It has some bugs, but is fairly playable and entertaining. But I have some problems.

1. I'm forced to play at low res 1024x768 because their video setting software crashes when I try to set it to 1920x1080 (or make any change). I Googled a message from someone saying to edit the cfg file, but when I did that I had to re-install the game. It didn't work. Anyone know how to get this thing working at 1920x1080? I'm running Ubuntu 12.04 64-bit.
    2. When I exit the game it doesn't actually shut off, and Steam refuses to quit until I start System Monitor and kill the game process manually. Annoying.
    3. When I exit the game it leaves my desktop in 1024x768 mode. Ewww! I have to logoff and back on to get it back to 1920x1080.
    4. I'd go complain at the Regnum forum, but their registration page is broken. Sigh...
    Last edited by futz; March 7th, 2013 at 09:24 PM.
    =======================
    Futz's Microcontrollers & Robotics
    =======================

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Champions of Regnum on Steam - Some problems.

For anyone having the 1920x1080 problem, I fixed it. I edited game.cfg again, setting vg_screen_height = 1080 and vg_screen_width = 1920, but this time I set vg_fullscreen_mode = 0 (windowed). Then I restarted the game and it started up properly in 1920x1080 res, except windowed, which doesn't work right. I then went to the Video Settings in-game and checked the Fullscreen box - the game didn't crash and now I have a working 1920x1080 game. It also leaves my desktop in 1920x1080 mode when I shut down the game. Excellent!

A bonus is that when I shut down just a few minutes ago the game shut down properly. I don't have to kill the process manually anymore. Also excellent!
    =======================
    Futz's Microcontrollers & Robotics
    =======================