So I know this has been touched on quite a bit see link http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1976480&page=1 .

However most of that thread which is now closed seemed to me at least the fanbois going to bat for unity (i.e. responses like thats how they wanted it, learn to code and change it yourself, ect). My question is since that thread is a few months old has there been a change to where I can move the side bar on the left. The reason I cannot stand it is I'm working on a 13" screen (latitude D410) laptop and the fact that every time I open a webpage Unity is forcing me to have to keep scrolling left to right because the page isn't wide enough to display everything. Height really isn't an issue. any chance of a real fix to this would be awesome otherwise i'll be looking at other distros as I can't in good faith use a linux distro that has limitations on custimization (and I'm a newbie). I left Windows because of this and Mac for this simple reason (also wanted to learn linux). To my understanding linux was created to be just that open source and to be able to be custmized. Just because a dev is too stubborn, lazy, or busy (I really could care less for the reasoning) kind of rubs me the wrong way. If this were windows or god forbid steve jobs (your holding the phone wrong type comment) then Im obviously in the wrong place.

just my 2 cents / question.