Thread: Restarted machine am now getting "[[Mountall: Disconnected from Plymouth"

Beans

Restarted machine am now getting "[[Mountall: Disconnected from Plymouth"

I recently just restarted my machine before I was headed to bed. While I was waiting for the signs of it to come back online, I noticed that nothing was changing, services weren't starting back up that I see on other machines.

Anyways, I plugged a monitor into the box that was having problems, and say "[[Mountall: Disconnected from Plymouth". Googling, I have seen issues related to ATi Drivers (I don't have an ATI Card) and issues related to diskspace (which there is plenty of free diskspace on my machine).

Is there a good way to resolve this either from a Live CD or some tool, so far I haven't found any guides listing how to resolve the issue, only delete stuff off the drive, or remove ATi drivers which neither are helpful in my case.

Version: Ubuntu 12.04 or 12.10 (can't remember which right off the top of my head)

I am unable to switch between terminal consoles using alt & Function keys.

EDIT: I am not sure what happened, but after three hard restarts, my box booted correctly. Is there anything I can do to permanently fix it or remove the pretty bootup screen?
    Last edited by Scrumps; March 7th, 2013 at 07:17 AM.