Thread: apport-gpu-error-intel.py?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

apport-gpu-error-intel.py?

I keep getting this error every time I log in.
    apport-gpu-error-intel.py

Beans

Re: apport-gpu-error-intel.py?

Not sure. I've been getting internal errors for a variety of reasons, with 12.04. Both after fresh install, and when I was trying 12.04 out in virtualbox.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by jedimasterk View Post
    Not sure. I've been getting internal errors for a variety of reasons, with 12.04. Both after fresh install, and when I was trying 12.04 out in virtualbox.
    Maybe it has some bugs that still need squashing? If that is the case, they should be repaired in updates soon.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Zane, you gotten anywhere with this? What's your chipset?

I just installed 12.04 32-bit to a Dell GX520 this morning. Getting the same error message on startup. I tried 2D, 3D, a different video setting in BIOS, nothing. The Dell is running the Intel 82945G chipset, and it seems the onboard video is what's causing this error?

EDIT: The GX520 has a Radeon 9250 low-profile video card inside. Anyone know if there's a way to tell Ubuntu to just ignore the onboard GPU? That might get me around this issue.
    Last edited by Bartender; May 8th, 2012 at 08:39 PM.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Bartender View Post
    Zane, you gotten anywhere with this? What's your chipset?

I just installed 12.04 32-bit to a Dell GX520 this morning. Getting the same error message on startup. I tried 2D, 3D, a different video setting in BIOS, nothing. The Dell is running the Intel 82945G chipset, and it seems the onboard video is what's causing this error?

EDIT: The GX520 has a Radeon 9250 low-profile video card inside. Anyone know if there's a way to tell Ubuntu to just ignore the onboard GPU? That might get me around this issue.
    No, I have not. I believe this is my chipset [I am on a laptop] - http://ark.intel.com/products/chipse...58?wapkw=gl960.

Beans

Isn't there any solution for this error?

I'm using i3 (3225) GPU,H77 chipset,Gigabyte H77-N wifi motherboard, ubuntu 12.10 server. I had this error all the time and kept coming back every 1 min.

Have to try temporary solution to disable xdiagnose.

http://askubuntu.com/questions/15301...intel-py-crash