Thread: no sound coming from earphones but ...

Beans

no sound coming from earphones but ...

I know some of us has laptops with 12.10 Ubuntu installed and no signals coming from the headphone jack and there's not a fix for some laptops -- my case ASUS K55A

... but what's peculiar, I'm browsing YouTube site and I do get sound through the earphones. Ubuntu's Movie Player, Rhythm Box and probably some of the other apps, I'm not getting any signals.

Perhaps a patch I have to install?
    Last edited by rreyes3713; March 20th, 2013 at 06:25 PM.

Beans

Re: no sound coming from earphones but ...

File a bug report. It might be helpful if you make a verbose pulseaudio log and play sound on youtube and some other app that doesn't work: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PulseAudio/Log

Beans

Re: no sound coming from earphones but ...

O-kay, now earphone signals are working on the Ubuntu Linux apps (Movie Players, Rhythm Box, etc ...).

Not sure what I did to get signal going to the earphone jack. It was fixed during a "Ubuntu Software Updater" maintenance or when I installed the app "Sound Juicer Audio". Possible there was a missing patch.

I was going to use Rhythm Box to extract CD tracks when I notice the Vorbis patch was missing. So I press the installation button but nothing happened. So instead of trying to get Rhythm Box extrat featuer to work, I installed "Sound Juicer Audio" and I think that's when the earphone for Apps started to work. It always worked through Fire Fox.

I hope this helps others.