The service pack that I use offers gratis download at night (1AM to 6AM). I usually sleep at 22:30 to wake up soon!
I need to turns the ubuntu at 00:50 AM for downloading; here is my method. please read it and modify/promote it for a better scheduler task!
0. (every week, each day) I've set the bios to turns on the computer at 00:50
1. At 22:10 O'clock => I gather all my straight downlkoad links in a file called "dl.txt"
2. At 22:20 O'clock => I change my user (which is administrator) config from "asking password" to "auto login". this is need to login to ubuntu directly.
3. I've added a simple command to "crontab -e":
4. In the morninig, I re-cofnfig my user to off auto-login (this is my everyday task )
00 01 * * * aria2c -c -x16 -s16 -k 1M -m10 --retry-wait=30 -i "/PATH/TO/dl.txt" -d "/PATH/TO/DOWNLOAD_DIRECTORY/" -l dllog --log-level=notice
aria2c --on-download-complete echo "PASSWORD"|sudo -S shutdown -h now
59 05 * * * echo "PASSWORD"|sudo -S shutdown -h now
If you have any idea about improving this instuction, please me to know