Thread: svn commit failed / database locked

Beans

svn commit failed / database locked

Hi,

I am using a network drive for my subversion repository (between multiple machines). I am the only one who uses this repository and I recently started using a different machines (accounts being the same, only machines changed)

Of late, I am seeing this error

Transmitting file data ..... svn: Commit failed (details follow):
    svn: database is locked
    |
    |

To over come this, I do a "svn update" and select (mf) and then I see that there is a "Conflict discovered" showing a compiled .o file, and the update is successful.

Why is this happening? I don't see this conflict for any of the source files. Only the compiled file has this issue.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Beans

Re: svn commit failed / database locked

Quote Originally Posted by ufuser01 View Post
    Hi,

I am using a network drive for my subversion repository (between multiple machines). I am the only one who uses this repository and I recently started using a different machines (accounts being the same, only machines changed)

|
    |

To over come this, I do a "svn update" and select (mf) and then I see that there is a "Conflict discovered" showing a compiled .o file, and the update is successful.

Why is this happening? I don't see this conflict for any of the source files. Only the compiled file has this issue.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.
    Is there a particular reason for checking in the compiled file?

Beans

Re: svn commit failed / database locked

Quote Originally Posted by ufuser01 View Post
    Hi,

|
    |

Any thoughts?

Thanks.
    This problem is because cifs mounting.

See here detail solution : http://techathon.mytechlabs.com/qa_f...base-is-locked