Thread: [SOLVED]libreoffice calc will not open openoffice calc file

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

[SOLVED]libreoffice calc will not open openoffice calc file

I am running Ubuntu 10.04 (32-bit) and have OpenOffice 3.2 in which I have a spreadsheet (which I regularly edit) containing a macro which is invoked when I click on a button which occupies the area of one cell. The spreadsheet contains just one sheet. It is the only spreadsheet I have which includes a macro.

I have obtained a DVD with Ubuntu 12.04 (64-bit) and wanted to check hardware compatibility. So I try it as a 'Live' DVD to check. Naturally, it uses LibreOffice in place of OpenOffice. I think it's version 3.5. I find it can open other spreadsheets happily but it objects to the one with a macro, coming up with 'Unknown Error 305' [I think it's 305]. The file is not particularly large.

How can I get round this? If push came to shove, perhaps I could export the OO spreadsheet as a csv and paste the macro into a txt and import the results into LO - would this work? But I'd like to know why it is happening and whether there is a more straightforward solution - which could be implemented in OO before making the switch which I will probably eventually make.

[I'm not around much to review responses for a few days so apologies in advance for this]

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Re: libreoffice calc will not open openoffice calc file

It sounds like it could be a replica of this issue: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...ce/+bug/972595

The good news is there appears to be a solution, but you probably won't be able to apply the fix to a Live DVD.

Hope this helps.
    Matt
    blog.mattrudge.net for extra helpings of geeky Ubuntu goodness
    Get the Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter

Beans
    Distro

Thanks, lechien, looks very likely, although as you say I don't think I can apply it to a LiveDVD.

I'll leave this open until I have installed 12.04 which won't be until I'm a bit less busy.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

If the fix is just to install LibreOffice Base then this can be done using the Live DVD.

You can install any software you want when running from a Live DVD (limited in size to half your machines RAM), it just won't be there after a reboot.
    Cheesemill

Beans
    Distro

[SOLVED]: libreoffice calc will not open openoffice calc file

Version 3.5.7.2 (64bit) does not have this problem - as installed today - so I'm marking this as solved.

Beans
    Distro

[SOLVED]: libreoffice calc will not open openoffice calc file

This post is just to add SOLVED to the title