Thread: Cairo Dock Question

Beans

Cairo Dock Question

Is there a way to keep the cairo dock from graying out when I am not actively mousing over it?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Re: Cairo Dock Question

The configuration of the dock is very easy, just right click on it and select Cairo-Dock and Configure. A window will appear organized in tabs. Each one represents a group of common properties. In your case, select Background and there you can control the background of the dock, will it be an image or a color grade.

Beans

You mean you want to stop the dock disappearing? If so then the solution is to go into the 'Configure' menu for the Cairo-Dock, then (in Simple mode) the main Configuration menu. Select the 'Behaviour' tab, and in the 'Visibility of the main dock' / 'Visibility' drop down menu select the 'Always on top' section. Hope this helps.

Beans

No, I know how to configure it and keep it from hiding. What I want is to keep the icons and launchers, etc. to stay lit up instead of darkening. If your mouse isn't actively over the Cairo dock, the dock darkens. I want to see the icons in all their glory at all times, not just when I am selecting a task.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

If that's the parameter you intended to define, just right click on the dock, select Cairo-Dock and Configure. Then, select the tab System. This tab controls all sorts of visual effects at the icons and dock level. This includes speed at which the sub dock will appear/disappear and also how the background image will react as the mouse hovers over the dock.

See this tutorial for
    Cairo-Dock 2.2.0 or later, even though it's not a exhaustive one, it can guide you along the customization of your dock. It also contains some useful tricks.
    Last edited by slickymaster; March 4th, 2013 at 05:07 PM.