Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Play app

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Play app

To copy and paste in the terminal you need to use CTRL+SHIFT+c and CTRL+SHIFT+v.

CTRL+c in the terminal means cancel.

The usual method to copy and paste in the terminal is highlight for copy and middle-click for paste.
    Cheesemill

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by jronc View Post
    So, how do you copy the output of a command if you don't use Ctrl-C?
    I just swipe the text with my mouse, then single-click with the middle button to paste. If the command output is more than one page (and it frequently is), enclose it in code tags.

I'd still like to see the output from
    Code:
    sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install libsox-fmt-mp3
    I suspect there's a problem with a missing repository or mis-configured APT.

Beans

Are you really keen to run from the commandline in this way? If you are after an easier life either SMPlayer or vlc might help out. For extra codec use with MPlayer from the commandline you can juice up MPlayer a little by upgrading the shared libavcodec package, the name of which depends on which version of Ubuntu you are running. For Quantal:

Code:
    sudo apt-get install  libavcodec-extra-53
    Last edited by andrew.46; March 9th, 2013 at 03:36 AM.
    You think that's air you're breathing now?

Beans

Cool Re: Play app

First thank you both for your assistance. I tried using mplayer Rhymbox with the *m4a music files and the computer played the all the songs in the album. It also worked with mp3 files. I just used mplayer without Rhymbox it would not play the m4a files.

I will give the command line install libracodec-extra-53 a shot and let you know my result. Now that I know how to copy and paste the terminal screen, I can give a better picture of what is and is not working. Take care and thanks again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12