Thread: Reseed torrents with Transmission

Beans

Reseed torrents with Transmission

How can I reseed torrents I downloaded in Windows now in Linux? What is the procedure?

I use Xubuntu 12.10.
    Last edited by Apurvam; March 3rd, 2013 at 10:45 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Reseed torrents with Transmission

Just open the relevant .torrent files with Transmission, and point the download location to where the completed files live.

Transmission will verify the files to check that they are complete and then start seeding.

This is exactly the same process you would use when switching torrent clients in Windows, it doesn't matter that you are now using a different OS.
    Cheesemill

Beans

OK, I got seeding status, let's see if Transmission actually will seed those files.
    Last edited by Apurvam; March 3rd, 2013 at 11:07 PM.

Beans
    Distro

There is a problem with the tracker you are trying to connect to, you will have to wait until they sort out the problem at their end.
    Cheesemill

Beans

I got bunch of these errors:
    Tracker gave an error: "Connection limit exceeded! You may only leech from one location at a time." - Stalled
    In Transmission's preferences I set 'Maximum active downloads' to 15 which is higher than amount of torrents I've added to Transmission.

Beans
    Distro

The tracker is telling you that you are downloading from more than one location at the same time, a lot of private trackers don't allow this which is why they are giving you an error message.

If this isn't the case then contact the admins of the tracker, they are the only people that can sort out your issue.

This isn't a problem with Transmission or Ubuntu, it's the tracker itself that is giving you these errors.
    Cheesemill

Beans

"The tracker is telling you that you are downloading from more than one location at the same time.."
    Hmm.. So I need to delete those torrents in uTorrent (Windows)?

Beans

No. That is not neccessary. You are using Ubuntu when you are using Transmission, not Windows right?
    So no need to delete them. Go on their IRC if you feel you want to and telll them what is going on. That you are using a different operating system after booting out of Windows. It takes a bit of time for an automatic recognition from an operating system usage change to occur on the tracker side. I had the same thing once.