Thread: installing ubuntu 12.04 on pre-package windows 8

Beans

installing ubuntu 12.04 on pre-package windows 8

Hello,

I have a new computer with windows 8 pre-installed, but i want to be able to dual boot with ubuntu. I've got a CD for the ubuntu installation, but accessing the bios is a pain in the **** with windows 8 OS. So I go on PC settings - General - advanced PC settings which restarts the computer and takes me to a menu from which i start up from the CD device. However when i am brought to the bios i get the following error message:

"Invalid signature detected.
    Check Secure Boot policy in Setup"

I've attached a picture of this too. Not really sure what this means exactly, and i've never used windows 8 before. Any help would be appreciated thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: installing ubuntu 12.04 on pre-package windows 8

Last edited by arpanaut; March 3rd, 2013 at 08:54 PM. Reason: added
    Castles Made of Sand,
    Fall in the Sea,
    Eventually!

Beans

thanks!, ok i've done a bit of reading and have followed the suggested solution here: http://askubuntu.com/questions/221835/installing-ubuntu-on-a-pre-installed-uefi-supported-windows-8-system
    So far it seems to be going smoothly UNTIL the ubuntu installation where it tells me it has not detected any other OS and does not give an option to install ubuntu alongside windows 8. The ubuntu version is 12.04.2....help! UEFI shouldn't be a problem as i've checked everything is in this mode....

Beans

or is it just because there is some massive bug with ubuntu when installing with windows 8?