Thread: Installing Drivers and other required softwares on UBUNTU

Beans

Installing Drivers and other required softwares on UBUNTU

I am new to UBUNTU. I was previously a Windows User. I have purchased a new CPU with below details:ASUS motherboard, NVIDIA Graphic Driver, Sound Driver, LAN and WAN Drivers. Is there any way I can find these drivers and install in my Ubuntu. I am also a Java Developer and i want to install JDK, Oracle 11g Database, Weblogic Server, Eclipse Netbeans. I dont know how to install them, as it was easy to install the softwares in Windows. So is there any way to install them in Ubuntu.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Installing Drivers and other required softwares on UBUNTU

Quote Originally Posted by gauravdighe View Post
    I am new to UBUNTU. I was previously a Windows User. I have purchased a new CPU with below details:ASUS motherboard, NVIDIA Graphic Driver, Sound Driver, LAN and WAN Drivers. Is there any way I can find these drivers and install in my Ubuntu. I am also a Java Developer and i want to install JDK, Oracle 11g Database, Weblogic Server, Eclipse Netbeans. I dont know how to install them, as it was easy to install the softwares in Windows. So is there any way to install them in Ubuntu.
    Boot the live CD and see what works OOTB

Open a terminal and post the result of
    Code:
    lspci -nnk
    That will tell us about your hardware and drivers in use
    Ubuntu Member Always something different. Promoting Ubuntu and System 76 at TUXPC

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio

Re: Installing Drivers and other required softwares on UBUNTU

Only if something is not working you should look for drivers. There is no must to install the drivers like in windows.
    For things you mentioned only properitary drives for nvidia you may want to install, but it is not necesery, if everything is working fine and you don't need 3d support.