Thread: Top alternatives to Dreamweaver

Top alternatives to Dreamweaver

What are top alternatives to Dreamweaver on Ubuntu? I don't mind if its not free either.
    I did a little research and came up with Aptana, Bluefish, and KompoZer. Any suggestions on which is best?

I do most of the codings myself (don't use the code generating tools that dreamweaver has) but I'd like an editor that auto-completes (as dreamweaver does) and finds error.

Re: Top alternatives to Dreamweaver

My personal preference is for Bluefish. I backtracked to version 2.2.3 though as newer version seg faulted on my system...
    You think that's air you're breathing now?

Western Australia
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Top alternatives to Dreamweaver

Kompozer is a dead project, which is kinda ironic considering it grew out of the dead Nvu project, which grew from Mozilla Seamonkey's HTML editor, which grew from Netscape Communicator's HTML editor. There's a new project that's grown out of the dead Kompozer, but I can't remember what it's called now.

You probably don't want Kompozer or anything like it; it really just has a focus on WYSIWYG instead of HTML editing.
    I try to treat the cause, not the symptom. I avoid the terminal in instructions, unless it's easier or necessary. My instructions will work within the Ubuntu system, instead of breaking or subverting it. Those are the three guarantees to the helpee.