Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stuck at instalation process "Detecting file systems".

Beans

Stuck at instalation process "Detecting file systems".

I'm having LOTS of problems trying to install Ubuntu on an external USB hard drive.
    My problem now is that, while installing (just after entering my login info) the Installation got stuck saying "Detecting file systems" and the console says:

Code:
    ** (firefox:17720): WARNING **: Failed to open webapp application path dir /usr/local/share/unity-webapps/userscripts: Error opening directory ' /usr/local/share/unity-webapps/userscripts' : No such file or directory
    And said the same like 6 times but with different directories.

I don't know what to do, I thought it was doing fine (after 2 days of hard work trying to install this...)

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: Stuck at instalation process "Detecting file systems".

mcmacker4; Hi !
    Is your main operating system Windows 7 or 8 ?? Perhaps UEFI is preventing the install .
    Can you boot the install medium into the "try ubuntu" mode ?

try'n to help

Beans

My main OS is Mac OS X 10.5.8, and, yes, I can boot in Try Ubuntu mode, in fact, I used gparted to manage the partitions I made in my External Hard Disk Drive.

Beans
    Distro

mcmacker4; From the error that you posted one may surmise that the browser can not connect. Are you attempting th use wireless as the interface ?
    If so, perhaps the wireless drivers are not loaded, easiest solution in this event is to hook up wired first and after updates have completed, in the "Additional Drivers" utility choose a driver to install.

hope this helps

Beans

I'm using an Ethernet to connect to the internet and it works perfectly with mac... Any other suggestions?

Beans
    Distro

mcmacker4;
    The short response is no;
    I will keep on this, see what I can come up with.
    Presently not making much sense to me that the installer is even aware of firefox at that time// The installer should be using means within the kernel for all 'net activity// Configuring DHCP for networking is one of the last steps the installer does.

Anyone else with ideas ???????

Don't know --research and ruminate time for me

Beans

Oh Sh*t!!! Sorry for bad language but I just realised I checked the checkbox that allowed to Update while installing.
    May the problem be here??

Beans
    Distro

mcmacker4;
    Nah, The standard is to do the 3rd party updates during install // That said I have seen post where it did cause problems. As this is a fresh install, all that will be lost is a bit of time to try and (re)install and not check that option; then do the updates/upgrade when install completes.

Maybe get a different error or more to work with if you do (re)install.

my opinion

Beans

Ok, I'll try. But for the moment (this goes for moderators) please do not close this thread as I will be posting here news about the installation. Some errors may occur and, if any show up, I will be posting them here.

Beans

I just tried to install it without downloading updates. Now, instead of giving me a firefox error it happens the same as all the other times I tried to install Ubuntu. It gets stuck just after saying:
    Code:
    Mar 5 20:02:36 ubuntu ubuquity[5942]: Step_before = stepUserInfo
    And then it says:
    Code:
    Mar 5 20:17:01 ubuntu CRON[15426]: (root) CMD ( cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.hourly)
    And this will keep on appearing every hour. I know because it happened before...
    Last edited by mcmacker4; March 5th, 2013 at 09:24 PM. Reason: CODE tags added

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast