Thread: Gwibber does it work for anyone?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Gwibber does it work for anyone?

I have Gwibber on my computer, I think it came with my Ubuntu install. I just wondered if it works for anyone? Mine does not update. Today I looked at it and my newest incoming posts were 95 days ago. So far I think the application is just junk. Maybe some one else has a better time with it. I have submitted (several months ago) a bug but it does not seem to be important to the developers, as I have heard nothing from them about it..
    White box computer:Gigabyte GA-A75-UD4H MB,AMD A6 3670 APU, 640GB HD, 8GB RAM, Acer Aspire TimelineX 4820T Laptop, 6GB RAM, 320GB HD, : AcerOneNetbookAO150,1.5GB RAM,120GB HD, AcerAspireOneNetbook725,2GB RAM 320GB HD. All Ubuntu 14.04.2LTS

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: Gwibber does it work for anyone?

I never had Gwibber working to my satisfaction.

I used TweetDeck for a while until Twitter bought it, stripped out the MySpace, Google Buzz, Foursquare, and LinkedIn and switched from using Adobe Air to native installs.
    It still supports Facebook and Twitter. It has a Chrome app if you're running Google-Chrome.
    I never tried to run it under Wine. But, I had no real reason to with a lot of supported networks dropped.

Still, worth a shot if you just need Twitter and Facebook support.
    And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean, all you get is one trick: "rational thinking."
    But, when you're good and crazy? Oooh! Oooh! Oooh! The sky is the limit!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Check preference and see if it is set to start and check messages at log-in.
    Infinite diversity in infinite combination.

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Manual

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Yes, I had checked that before and it is supposed to update on log in.
    White box computer:Gigabyte GA-A75-UD4H MB,AMD A6 3670 APU, 640GB HD, 8GB RAM, Acer Aspire TimelineX 4820T Laptop, 6GB RAM, 320GB HD, : AcerOneNetbookAO150,1.5GB RAM,120GB HD, AcerAspireOneNetbook725,2GB RAM 320GB HD. All Ubuntu 14.04.2LTS

Beans