Thread: html5 and cpu 100%

Beans

html5 and cpu 100%

if i run html5 tutorials, they often work my cpu 100%, does firefox and google have an build in plugin to make sure that i can safely use html5 + canvas tutorials.

This is a beginner question, i dont know how html5 + canvas games work, my cpu is mostly time, with about every html5 + canvas tutorial and demo a somewhat exat at 100%.

How these html5 + canvas tutorials and demos work, they really run at cpu 100%, is this really ok and something that browser knows how to handle ?

I am a beginner html5 trainer, i know that if i run with openjava a cpu or gpu 100%, then cpu or gpu can broke.
    Last edited by jaho22; March 3rd, 2013 at 03:36 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: html5 and cpu 100%

Quote Originally Posted by jaho22 View Post
    if i run html5 tutorials, they often work my cpu 100%
    Hey there,

Can you post some links to these tutorials? that way we can try to see the problem on our own machines!

cheers
    Gp.

Beans

I think that the problem is that linux dont support hardware acceleration for graphics with html5 + canvas2d.

As there is no hardware acceleration with graphics on canvas2d, then software is drawing the graphics, this will cause cpu to go 100%, i am wondering is this problem taken care by the browser, so is there a check of cpu and gpu heat on browser when javascript with html5 is on ?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

As far as i know there are no such checks on cpu/gpu temperature by browsers... and the statement about hardware acceleration support; where are you getting that from?

Can you post some links to the tutorials?

Cheers
    gp

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

How to tell if you are using hardware acceleration, see http://blog.mozilla.org/joe/2010/11/...-acceleration/

But apparantly hardware acceleration in Firefox is disabled for linux, see http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1976988

My suggestion: Try chromium