Thread: Ivy bridge HD 4000 video refresh settings, 50 Hz (EU), 60 Hz (VS), etc

Beans

Lightbulb Ivy bridge HD 4000 video refresh settings, 50 Hz (EU), 60 Hz (VS), etc

I have installed Ubuntu 13.04, but I am facing a problem with the European video settings.
    The HD-video (25/50 Hz interlaced) are played back at 60 Hz, giving a non-stable (fluid) video playback, a 10 Hz refresh out of sync.

There are country settings in Ubuntu, shouldn't these be handling the video refresh rate?

Now, I use an Intel 3225 @ shuttle xh61v with the Ivy bridge HD 4000 video refresh settings of 60 Hz (VS),
    I like to change this to 50 Hz, 75 Hz or 100 Hz (a multiple of 25 Hz).

Does anybody has an idea how to change this?

For the programmers: Can a configuration setting be integrated in 'about this computer'? And can the refresh rate default to the correct region settings?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Ivy bridge HD 4000 video refresh settings, 50 Hz (EU), 60 Hz (VS), etc

the kernel set the highest rate possible, depending on the screen size and the encoded video. Of course its always the most limited element that set the final choice.

note: devs quite never spend their time here on forum. If you think you have met a bug, or like to request a feature, then post a bug report on launchpad:

Code:
    ubuntu-bug thepackagename2blame