Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New forum colours

Beans

Re: New forum colours

Quote Originally Posted by Merk42 View Post
    I'd really rather not darken the orange if I can find some other solution. If that color were so bad for links it wouldn't be part of the web style guide for Ubuntu. I don't have the issue reading the thread names, but for those that say it is too light, maybe it's an issue of (lack of) contrast. Do you find the stickied threads easier to read with their darker background color?
    Yes, I'm sure it's a contrast issue. Have you changed the links to black recently? I just went looking to see if the stickie titles were easier to read, and they're all black which is very easy to read.

The only place I see a problem now is on the Activity Stream page, which is one that I think I'm likely to use a lot, scanning the list of post titles for subjects that catch my eye. As it is, I really cannot just scan it that way, I have to spend time concentrating on each individual post title.

Actually, I'm sure there have been changes in the last 24 hours. I don't have screenshots for comparison, but I'm sure the forumdisplay and showthread pages are looking a lot nicer - very nice indeed. I really, really like them now.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Re: New forum colours

Quote Originally Posted by The Cog View Post
    Yes, I'm sure it's a contrast issue. Have you changed the links to black recently? I just went looking to see if the stickie titles were easier to read, and they're all black which is very easy to read.
    I personally haven't changed them and they are still orange for me. Maybe I'm caching an older version.
    If the only reason you think your software is better is because it's FOSS, you need to write better software

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12