Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New forum colours

Beans

New forum colours

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateCat View Post

Just wished that that background could be a light blue or some other color.
    Hopefully someone creates a new stylish theme.

The current background colour is pure white #FFFFFF, changing it to a off-white like #FAFAFA would help a lot. maybe the staff can give this a try.
    Last edited by mörgæs; March 2nd, 2013 at 01:00 PM. Reason: Removed drama

Beans

New forum colours

Guys way to much white here, everything is bright. The current text background is #FFFFFF, could you guys perhaps consider changing it to #FAFAFA which is still white but less glaring. Might have to do it for all the whites if you want uniformity.
    Last edited by mörgæs; March 2nd, 2013 at 01:00 PM. Reason: Removed drama

prodigy_ is offline May the Ubuntu Be With You!
    Beans

Re: New forum colours

Last edited by prodigy_; April 24th, 2013 at 01:47 PM. Reason: Moved to userstyles.org

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: nice forum look

Quote Originally Posted by mips View Post
    The current background colour is pure white #FFFFFF, changing it to a off-white like #FAFAFA would help a lot. maybe the staff can give this a try.
    That's one of the things we are looking at doing. Not necessarily #FAFAFA but something not quite so bright as #FFFFFF.

Please bear with us if this takes some time. There's a big todo list.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Thanks for the suggestion, but please post only once.
    Threads merged.
    Bringing old hardware back to life. About problems due to upgrading.
    Please visit Quick Links -> Unanswered Posts.
    Don't use this space for a list of your hardware. It only creates false hits in the search engines.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by mörgæs View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion, but please post only once.
    Threads merged.
    The one was a comment in a general thread, the other a suggestion where I thought it belonged (FF&H) and would get the appropriate attention. Feel free to delete what you consider a duplicate.

Beans

Re: nice forum look

Quote Originally Posted by coffeecat View Post
    That's one of the things we are looking at doing. Not necessarily #FAFAFA but something not quite so bright as #FFFFFF.

Please bear with us if this takes some time. There's a big todo list.
    Thanks, understood. #FAFAFA was just a suggestion, something I picked from another forum I frequent

Beans

While we are on the subject of forum colours, I would like to add my voice to those others who are asking for a change in the colour of the orange titles. I think the current orange is rather too light and makes reading the titles rather difficult. Darkening it would make scanning a page and reading the titles quicker and easier. Sorry, I can't find that other post discussing colours again now.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Quote Originally Posted by The Cog View Post
    While we are on the subject of forum colours, I would like to add my voice to those others who are asking for a change in the colour of the orange titles. I think the current orange is rather too light and makes reading the titles rather difficult. Darkening it would make scanning a page and reading the titles quicker and easier. Sorry, I can't find that other post discussing colours again now.
    I'd really rather not darken the orange if I can find some other solution. If that color were so bad for links it wouldn't be part of the web style guide for Ubuntu. I don't have the issue reading the thread names, but for those that say it is too light, maybe it's an issue of (lack of) contrast. Do you find the stickied threads easier to read with their darker background color?
    If the only reason you think your software is better is because it's FOSS, you need to write better software

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

I'd prefer the orange to be so dark it was black.

Orange is great for links when there's only a few like here

http://www.ubuntu.com/

Imagine how that would look if text had to be orange and links black.

To be fair this wasn't very easy too see in staging as we had so few people creating new threads.
    Last edited by Elfy; March 3rd, 2013 at 09:19 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast