Thread: Getting started in the forum

Hybrid View

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

[SOLVED] Getting started in the forum

When I get some rare free time, I like to surf the forums looking for unsolved posts to help out with. I find that very often, someone else has already put up as good (or better) answer than I had. Is there a way to find the posts within a forum that have no replies, so that I can more quickly find the posts that need help?
    Last edited by reedk; March 2nd, 2013 at 04:09 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Getting started in the forum

Hi reedk.

Go to "Advance Search". Then scroll down to the field " Find Threads with:" set it to "At Most 0".

If you are doing this frequently, after a few days you may want to also restrict your results to the last day by setting the filed " Find Threads with:" to "Yesterday and Newer".

If you are particularly knowledgeable on one subject, you may also add a keyword on the "Keyword" field. For instance, nfs, samba, raid, etc.

I hope this helps. Let us know how it goes.
    Regards.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Thank you! I'll check it out.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

In the previous version of the Forum, we had a menu selection to find Unanswered Post, unfortunately that plugin doesn't work with the new version, we have found a newer version of the plugin, but have to submit it ot Canonical IS, so they can check it for security problems, so it may take a while to implement it again.