Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Quicktime Videos Distorting

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Quicktime Videos Distorting

I was just wondering if others testing ubuntu 13.04 (with unity) are experiencing this:

Go to the itunes movie trailers website and click on any movie trailer...does the video play normal for you or is it distorted?

When i go to the site, the audio is fine but the video is like i just described...Never had that on any previous version of ubuntu, the quicktime video always played great...I tried re-installing the quicktime plug in, but no go...works exactly the same way..

Thanks in advance for checking...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Quicktime Videos Distorting

Quote Originally Posted by craig10x View Post
    Go to the itunes movie trailers website and [...]

I can't even get on their website.

Browser is complaining about bad certs...
    Intel ® P4 Extreme Edition 3.4 (Gallatin) || DFI ® LanParty PRO875B rev B1
    Crucial ® Ballistix Tracer PC4000 1GB || Mountain Mods U2-UFO Opti-1203
    XFX 7600GT 560M AGP (PV-T73A-UDF3) || Corsair HX520W Modular PSU

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Tested it with this video: http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/i...nt/upsidedown/ and works for me - maybe network related at your site.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Worked for me without distortion. Gorgeous HD video trailer.

Running Ubuntu 13.04 Daily Build from 2/15/13
    Last edited by tdockery97; February 16th, 2013 at 08:41 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by Gyokuro View Post
    Tested it with this video: http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/i...nt/upsidedown/ and works for me - maybe network related at your site.
    For the most part the above trailer worked for me, but I think Google doesn't like quick-time. I run Chromium, and I get asked if I want to allow quick-time content to be played. I also just checked it on my Android tablet, and I don't even get the chance to tell chrome to allow quick-time content.

Beans

I was just wondering if others testing ubuntu 13.04 (with unity) are experiencing this:

Go to the itunes movie trailers website and click on any movie trailer...does the video play normal for you or is it distorted?

When i go to the site, the audio is fine but the video is like i just described...Never had that on any previous version of ubuntu, the quicktime video always played great...I tried re-installing the quicktime plug in, but no go...works exactly the same way..

Using the latest version of Firefox, the video is distorted for me. To watch the trailer, I had to install two gstreamer plug ins, but even so still distorted.

I'm using the AMD/ATI Cedar Pro video driver.

I then tried using Netflix Desktop and was prompted to download Quicktime. Didn't do it but I wonder if that might work or.... bork the system.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Seems like most of you are able to get it properly...for me, i have the problem both when running a live session of 13.04 daily build and on my actual installed 13.04...It is actually the first time i ever experienced it on ubuntu...even my installed 12.10 (which i dual boot with) has the quicktime videos playing fine...

I am using Google Chrome 64 bit...but it happens here also on Firefox as well...

**Update: Oh, now i see some others ARE having a problem with it...so i guess it isn't only me...Since it does it on both live session and installed, i figured something must be "out of whack" in 13.04...

Curtis: the quicktime download on Netflix is more then likely a .exe extension (windows) file i would think...
    Last edited by craig10x; February 16th, 2013 at 10:10 PM.

Beans

You could try playing a trailer directly in totem & see if any better. Using the prior posted link as example -
    Code:
    totem http://trailers.apple.com/movies/independent/upsidedown/upsidedown-tlr1_h720p.mov
    (totem will leave the trailer ^ (105MB) in ~/.cache, if desired try playing it with another player after fully cached

(if & when grilo plugins are enabled then the is an apple trailer one that works fairly well

Beans

Curtis: the quicktime download on Netflix is more then likely a .exe extension (windows) file i would think...
    Yes, certainly an exe file and probably not worth the bother, though it would download inside that Netflix/wine folder, I guess. If Quicktime, or whatever it is, worked in 12.04/12.10 then one has to assume that at some point in the future it will work in 13.04, or famous last words.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by cariboo907 View Post
    For the most part the above trailer worked for me, but I think Google doesn't like quick-time. I run Chromium, and I get asked if I want to allow quick-time content to be played. I also just checked it on my Android tablet, and I don't even get the chance to tell chrome to allow quick-time content.
    Hm, it is working for me - firefox 18.02 +i nstall_flash_player_11_linux.x86_64.tar.gz (adobe download) + bottle of jägermeister

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast