Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: nice forum look

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: nice forum look

I like it but as stated already I need a darker theme.
    Intel i5 Ivy Bridge 2.8Ghz (3.4Ghz Turbo), 64bit user, AMD GPU 7700 series

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Post Re: nice forum look

Ok,I like it. Kinna strange seeing each member's info on a gray bar at the top of each post however. Ok,I fixed that..Looks way better now!
    I like the colors and I use Compiz,so I can zoom in. I'm pleased you kept the beans and I'd read the beans were going far,far away.
    Last edited by Linuxratty; February 28th, 2013 at 10:47 PM.
    A friendly & helpful Linux community who has started a large cursor theme project. If you are sick of tiny cursors, go here and get one.
    http://linuxinternationals.org/forum...orum.php?f=166

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Wow, that sure is... different I agree with the 'have to get used to it' folks. Some things are nicer other things are a bit confusing like the big user bar at the top of each post.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

I like the new look, and I can't really see what all the problems are. The colour does not look very different from the last version, and whilst I agree that on a widescreen with a maximised firefox window, the arrangement of profiles above posts was not user-friendly, it took a few clicks to change it back to profiles on the left, leaving a narrower area for text and making reading posts a lot easier.

PS:
    The new version of the forum has also solved the huge the Ubuntuforum scrolling problem I had in any Firefox version above 17. Only this forum had the problem, and it made the whole thing totally unusable, meaning I had to either use chromium, which I don't like as much as FF, (no Tab Mix Plus addon; essential to me) or pin my FF version to 17, which was my choice. I have just this minute unpinned FF 17, updated to FF 19, and now all is great again, with fully operational scrolling. Brilliant!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Quote Originally Posted by Linuxratty View Post
    Kinna strange seeing each member's info on a gray bar at the top of each post however.
    Quote Originally Posted by Euroman View Post
    Some things are nicer other things are a bit confusing like the big user bar at the top of each post.
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2120972

Profiles in posts. Previously, this defaulted to the left, but it now defaults to on top. Members with 25 beans or more can change this by going to Settings (at top of page) -> My Settings -> Edit Profile -> Location of Member Profile and changing the value in that field. Please be aware that we may be setting the default to on left in due course and this will over-ride any individual settings, but we have no plan to remove the choice.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans

:/ generally the top location would permit a more responsive design but sadly it would seem they've opted not to adopt that. I think the forums on the main index should at least have title attributes with descriptions. Other than that, nice and clean.

Beans

Re: red,blue, black envelopes on far left of threads

Maybe at some point it'll become apparent to me, (if they actually do have some meaning
    If so & anyone knows...
    Edit: - i guess hot, normal & i don't know
    Last edited by mc4man; February 28th, 2013 at 11:40 PM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ajgreeny View Post
    I like the new look, and I can't really see what all the problems are. The colour does not look very different from the last version, and whilst I agree that on a widescreen with a maximised firefox window, the arrangement of profiles above posts was not user-friendly, it took a few clicks to change it back to profiles on the left, leaving a narrower area for text and making reading posts a lot easier.
    Indeed moving profiles on the left made things a little easier. I have a widescreen monitor and use multi-focals (yes I am old) and the wide, wide text arrangement was not good .
    You think that's air you're breathing now?

Beans

A prime example of why one doesn't hire software geeks to design visual UI elements; their gift is software, not UI - this is a evidence of that.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

So far I the only thing I would consider questionable is the choice of the colors layout (it will take same time to get use to the contrast), because apart from that, and with all the improvements we get in this new version of the forum, like having more tools to elaborate our posts (the possibility of adding/editing tables being one, for example), makes this upgrade as something that a regard as very positive.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast