Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: nice forum look

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: nice forum look

Quote Originally Posted by coffeecat View Post
    Thank! Wow, that's much better with the profiles on the left. Probably that was the most alienating part. For the rest the changes are not that big. We already had a theme restyle not too long ago to get used to the new Ubuntu white/gray/orange tints.
    "I believe humans get a lot done, not because we're smart, but because we have thumbs so we can make coffee." --Flash Rosenberg

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by nikonian View Post
    A prime example of why one doesn't hire software geeks to design visual UI elements; their gift is software, not UI - this is a evidence of that.
    lol I don't even know where to start.. (strongly disagree)

Dear God!

Each post, an minimum takes up like 250 px vertical. And why is there like 40px of padding in the username field on top of every post.

Bring on the Greasemonkey, this thing has more wasted whitespace than Google+. (But ironically there isn't a square of whitespace to spare on the forum list page. It's like someone even decreased the line-height to make them all sit closer together.

Beans

/facepalm

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 15.04 Vivid Vervet

Re: red,blue, black envelopes on far left of threads

Quote Originally Posted by mc4man View Post
    Maybe at some point it'll become apparent to me, (if they actually do have some meaning
    If so & anyone knows...
    They are the vBulletin4 default thread icons with two changes. We made them a bit smaller and superimposed the padlock icon from the old theme as the VB4 padlocks were indistinct. The key is at the bottom of any sub-forum page under the heading "Icon Legend".
    Ubuntu 15.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 14.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - IRC #ubuntuforums

Member: Not Canonical Team

Please do not PM me about your forum account unless you have been asked to. The correct place to contact an admin about your account is here.

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by cole.mickens View Post
    Dear God!

Each post, an minimum takes up like 250 px vertical. And why is there like 40px of padding in the username field on top of every post.

Bring on the Greasemonkey, this thing has more wasted whitespace than Google+. (But ironically there isn't a square of whitespace to spare on the forum list page. It's like someone even decreased the line-height to make them all sit closer together.
    Please read the thread thoroughly before posting. Both explanation and solution have already been posted.
    About problems due to upgrading
    Bringing old hardware back to life.
    Please visit Quick Links -> Unanswered Posts

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Thumbs up Re: nice forum look

I can't be the only person here who really likes the orange and gray,,surely not.
    A friendly & helpful Linux community who has started a large cursor theme project. If you are sick of tiny cursors, go here and get one.
    http://linuxinternationals.org/forum...orum.php?f=166

Yeah, I saw. Sadly I needed to post to be able to hit the bean count in order to change it. If it's being considered an official problem, a workaround that will only work for sufficiently curious users with a posting history seems to miss the target a bit in my opinion. The thing is, the design itself is mostly okay (like, post info on top is okay, but again, there's a 40px padding in there, why??), there are just a ton of rough edges where things all run together with no visual separation or organization. Oh well, I'm sure things will get ironed out.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

I think a big congratulations are in order to all responsible for getting the new forums up and running.

Consider all of the items, such as personal settings, that had to be transferred.

That the whole result has gone through with so few errors is amazing.

I have no doubt that the problem areas will be sorted out ASAP.

Cheers and thanks to all -
    PopularPages: A very handy Documentation Search Tool used by many.

PopularPages Wiki Thread

Beans

I actually love this new upgrade

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast