Thread: Welcome to the upgraded forum!

Hybrid View

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Welcome to the upgraded forum!

Welcome back!

You might notice that it's somewhat somewhat different. There are still some issues we are working on, but we decided it was better to get the upgrade done, after which we could attend to any outstanding items.

Known issues:

• All searches. - it was necessary to rebuild the search index after the update which will probably take many hours. Rather than delay bringing the forum online again, we have disabled all searches as advised by sysadmins until the indexes have been rebuilt. Sorry for the inconvenience. - Indexes have now rebuilt. Please let us know of any issues.
    • Advanced search - formatting issues - search can sometimes cause the list of forums to overlap with the page links. In vB3 searches returned only results and no list of which forums were searched.
    • Misalignment of "welcome," line in Chromium but not Firefox at the far right.
    • Thread tags are not showing. Instead a tag icon shows and the actual tags will reveal when you hover over the icon. This is being investigated and we hope to be able to revert to how it used to be with tags showing. - fixed
    • Image attachment bug. We have disabled some functionality to circumvent this but you will have all the funtionality that there was in VB3 and more.
    • Thread Solved option missing. The plugin is not compatible with vB4 - we are investigating further. A workaround is described here.
    • Hiding post count in your profile does not function correctly. - fixed
    • Navbar - this is likely to change as we enhance it further.
    • Profiles in posts. Previously, this defaulted to the left, but it now defaults to on top. Members with 25 beans or more can change this by going to Settings (at top of page) -> My Settings -> Edit Profile -> Location of Member Profile and changing the value in that field. Please be aware that we may be setting the default to on left in due course and this will over-ride any individual settings, but we have no plan to remove the choice.
    • Unanswered Posts - the plugin for this is incompatible with vB4. We hope to restore this function in due course. - done. Item now in quick links.

If you notice any usability issues, formatting issues, missing features or anything that you think needs our attention, do post, but please read through the list above first. Please be aware that some things that appear to you as issues may in fact be a different way of working in vB4. So we can keep this thread free of background noise and concentrate on what really matters, please also note:

• Posts that only mention issues already listed here will be removed.
    • Off-topic or pointless chatter will be removed.

Last point - a usability enhancement that will be welcome. vB4 includes an autosave system; when you are working on a post it is autosaved every so often. If you leave the page before posting you should be prompted to restore the content.
    Last edited by coffeecat; March 8th, 2013 at 10:32 AM.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans

Re: Welcome to the upgraded forum!

Nice work.
    I like the Latest Activity feature and how it gives a real time update count of new activity
    as your viewing the page.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie 17.10 Artful Aardvark

Thanks coffecat and all at Ubuntuforums .. but I can't see!! The *red* headings are just terrible and really hurt my eyes. How can I turn it black or tone it down somehow? I don't mean to complain. The editor is just awesome. But I went into my settings to try to finds a way to turn it back to black and could not find nothing.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Quote Originally Posted by ventrical View Post
    The *red* headings are just terrible and really hurt my eyes. How can I turn it black or tone it down somehow?
    What red headings? Do you mean the orange banner at the top of every page? That is exactly the same orange as the banner on the VB3 version of the forum - Ubuntu orange - #DD4814.

EDIT
    : @ventrical, just a minute. You’ve had access to the staging (test) forum for a week now and have been posting there. The templates and theme are what was developed there - it looks exactly the same. Why did you not say so there?
    Last edited by coffeecat; February 28th, 2013 at 09:43 PM.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by coffeecat View Post
    What red headings? Do you mean the orange banner at the top of every page? That is exactly the same orange as the banner on the VB3 version of the forum - Ubuntu orange - #DD4814.

EDIT
    : @ventrical, just a minute. You’ve had access to the staging (test) forum for a week now and have been posting there. The templates and theme are what was developed there - it looks exactly the same. Why did you not say so there?

Honestly .. I never really noticed while in the sandbox. I didn't comment there too much. It just sort of jumped out at me. I have to zoom in X3 and maybe thats why it looks so shocking. And it's not like a real orange... I don't know what to say .. but I did make mention in one of my posts that some persons may have a hard time with the transition to this new format.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by coffeecat View Post

EDIT
    I cannot find the thread that I stared in the staging area..

Beans

Very nice. Good work folks!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Thumbs up Re: Welcome to the upgraded forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Hylas de Niall View Post
    Very nice. Good work folks!
    I agree! I really like the little gray option boxes above..Tree for pictures,film for video,etc.
    This is very nicely done.
    I would change the yellow notices (such as auto saving & announcements) to gray with orange or black lettering as the yellow does not fit in well.
    Just my 2 cents worth.
    Last edited by Linuxratty; February 28th, 2013 at 11:18 PM.
    A friendly & helpful Linux community who has started a large cursor theme project. If you are sick of tiny cursors, go here and get one.
    http://linuxinternationals.org/forum...orum.php?f=166

Beans
    Hidden!

It takes some time to get used to this new interface but I have already found some nice new features

But how can I get all new posts (not only in a single forum each time)?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by sudodus View Post
    It takes some time to get used to this new interface but I have already found some nice new features

But how can I get all new posts (not only in a single forum each time)?
    Try the latest activity - new posts is there

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast