Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the upgraded forum!

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Welcome to the upgraded forum!

And this works, but only when the member profile is at the top of the post (not when it is at the left).

Thank you, Paddy Landau and Elfy, for helping me with this issue how to keep the edited text

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by black veils View Post
    thread list view shows truncated titles depending on the web browser window size.

in explanation:
    the titles would change to multiple lines if they was too long to fit on one line. now they dont change and are cut-off.

surely this would be a hindrance for a lot of people..
    Not noticed this to be honest, so I had a look - web browser smaller than this and yes they do stop wrapping. Though I have to say having a browser that small is quite a hindrance in itself.

Screenshot - 050313 - 13:52:17.jpg

I may though be confused about what you're saying.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by sudodus View Post
    And this works, but only when the member profile is at the top of the post (not when it is at the left).

Thank you, Paddy Landau and Elfy, for helping me with this issue how to keep the edited text
    Which works when profile is on top - because autosave works with profile on left here.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

What specifically works only when the member profile is at the top? My profile is on the left; what I described works for me (my screen-shots were taken with a left-hand profile).
    Always make regular backups of your data (and test them).
    Visit Full Circle Magazine for beginners and seasoned Linux enthusiasts.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Elfy View Post
    Which works when profile is on top - because autosave works with profile on left here.
    Edit: to be clear: Autosave works when the profile is on top. I find no yellow save message and no restore button for it when the profile is at the left. Where should I look for the restore button (using an updated Firefox in 12.04)?

Furthermore, I see the yellow autosave message when editing the message now, but no restore button. Can I rely on this feature?
    Last edited by sudodus; March 5th, 2013 at 03:10 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Autosave, I find yellow save message and no restore button for it when the profile is at the left. Where should I look for the restore button (using an updated Firefox in 12.04)?
    Hmm, I had this once. It reappeared when I closed the tab and re-opened it with Undo Close Tab (Ctrl+Shift+T) — but I'm not sure whether that functionality is built in or from an add-on.

EDIT: The Restore Auto-Saved Content button appears only after returning to the tab, not immediately.

Beans

Not noticed this to be honest, so I had a look - web browser smaller than this and yes they do stop wrapping. Though I have to say having a browser that small is quite a hindrance in itself.

I may though be confused about what you're saying.
    haha i certainly dont have the browser that small. i use firefox, have not changed my habits, not had problems browsing until yesterday, when i think i noticed the lack of wrapping for thread titles.

anyway its fixed now. i just figured for people using netbooks, or larger fonts they would have problems.

Edit: just checked again, its specific to "new posts" thread list, those dont wrap.
    Last edited by black veils; March 5th, 2013 at 03:21 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by black veils View Post
    haha i certainly dont have the browser that small. i use firefox, have not changed my habits, not had problems browsing until yesterday, when i think i noticed the lack of wrapping for thread titles.

anyway its fixed now. i just figured for people using netbooks, or larger fonts they would have problems.

Edit: just checked again, its specific to "new posts" thread list, those dont wrap.
    Ok - thanks for coming back - we can add that to the list of issues we've got with the forum search system.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy Landau View Post
    Hmm, I had this once. It reappeared when I closed the tab and re-opened it with Undo Close Tab (Ctrl+Shift+T) — but I'm not sure whether that functionality is built in or from an add-on.

EDIT: The Restore Auto-Saved Content button appears only after returning to the tab, not immediately.
    Thanks again for your help

Gradually I will understand how to use the auto-save function/restore feature, but I'll try to learn to click Preview Post before leaving the editing window.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

… I'll try to learn to click Preview Post before leaving the editing window.
    I always do that. I have also developed the habit of pressing Ctrl when selecting a link if I want to keep the page. Along with the Lazarus Form Recovery plug-in, this keeps me triple-safe!

Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast