Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the upgraded forum!

Beans

humble feedback regarding the new site look

Hello,
    My first mail here
    Just wanted to say that you guys have put in a lot of work in the new look and most of it's great.
    But, please can we reduce the space between sections of a post ? Scrolling becomes difficult plus, the post looks too bloated up and members will be hesitant to reply to me thinking it's a huuuge post .

Apart from that it's all cool. Don't know if the auto-save was part of the previous site as well, but if it's new, really cool then

Thanks and Kudos.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: humble feedback regarding the new site look

Thread moved to forum feedback & help

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: Welcome to the upgraded forum!

- and merged.
    Bringing old hardware back to life. About problems due to upgrading.
    Please visit Quick Links -> Unanswered Posts.
    Don't use this space for a list of your hardware. It only creates false hits in the search engines.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Hello, the new redesign is a-ok to fiddle with. However, I have a gripe with the post editor when posting a new thread on Firefox. Writing sticks to one line forever and ever until one presses the enter key to go on to the next line. Please try to fix!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by epikvision View Post
    … on Firefox. Writing sticks to one line forever and ever until one presses the enter key…
    No one else has complained of this, and I don't have this problem.

Which version of Ubuntu and which version of Firefox do you have?
    Try starting Firefox in Safe Mode to see if it still happens. To start Firefox in Safe Mode:

1. Close all instances of Firefox.
    2. Press Ctrl+F2 and enter:
      Code:
      firefox -safe-mode
    Always make regular backups of your data (and test them).
    Visit Full Circle Magazine for beginners and seasoned Linux enthusiasts.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by epikvision View Post
    Hello, the new redesign is a-ok to fiddle with. However, I have a gripe with the post editor when posting a new thread on Firefox. Writing sticks to one line forever and ever until one presses the enter key to go on to the next line. Please try to fix!
    Something like this happened to me with NoScript active, so I allow ubuntuforums.org

Beans

Re: What HAVE you done to the forums? :-/

Quote Originally Posted by nikonian View Post
    What on earth? This new design is simply horrendous. The same philosophy which seems to apply to distros, now applies to the forum; "It's not broken, but we're still going to fiddle about with it".

No wonder Linux is still struggling to gain a foothold; no consistency, no plan to consider the users, just a group of people who can't leave things alone. What IS it with the orange obsession & Ubuntu?

LOL!
    nikonian, . common, atleast the admins are trying to give a new look to our site.
    We should also help contribute by giving constructive feedback, just like in the community.
    Probably a year or two from now, I'll help with code as well when I have more technical expertise.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Navigating the site has become more difficult. I really dont like the Activity Stream, so to get to Todays Posts, I have to click twice which is kind of annoying. Also, the Quick Links menu isnt on every page, so sometimes if I want to see my subscribed threads I have to go back to the main forum page where I have the Quick Links menu.

I definitely find myself using this forum less than I used to....

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by whatthefunk View Post
    Navigating the site has become more difficult. I really dont like the Activity Stream, so to get to Todays Posts, I have to click twice which is kind of annoying. Also, the Quick Links menu isnt on every page, so sometimes if I want to see my subscribed threads I have to go back to the main forum page where I have the Quick Links menu.

What's not to like about the activity stream.
    I keep one browser tab reserved for the activity stream, answer some questions in other tabs,
    then com back to the activity stream and check the new activity.

Would like to see Quick Links on all pages as well.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by whatthefunk View Post

If you want to check your subscribed threads, just click the Settings link at the very top of the page, it's between My Profile and Log Out. see the two screenshots.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast