Quote Originally Posted by pfeiffep View Post
    Pretty new to these forums .... What & where is 'OP'

How to change the default font size in replies - this is too small
    OP = Opening Post
    Ubuntu 18.04

Beans

Re: Welcome to the upgraded forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Elfy View Post
    I'm not entirely sure I understand what you mean - do you mean add the quick link menu to the activity page? Other than that it is persistent across the forum.

Adding New Posts to quick links is easy enough to do.
    I was trying to be clever and think of a way to resolve some flow issues that I was having. If I'm in "New Posts" there is no "Mark forums read" option. There is also no "Quick Links" option. If "Quick Links" appeared everywhere and had "mark forums read" and "New Posts" in it then I could do just about anything or go just about anywhere everywhere I was at that moment.
    Last edited by Morbius1; March 2nd, 2013 at 08:33 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

What & where is 'OP'
    … or Original Poster (the person who started the thread).

How to change the default font size in replies - this is too small
    I'm puzzled — the default for me is the same size as the displayed posts.

If you are using Firefox, you can adjust the displayed sizes with Ctrl++ and Ctrl+-. Use Ctrl+0 to reset.
    Always make regular backups of your data (and test them).
    Visit Full Circle Magazine for beginners and seasoned Linux enthusiasts.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

If you are using Firefox, you can adjust the displayed sizes with Ctrl++ and Ctrl+-. Use Ctrl+0 to reset.
    ... or ctrl+mousescroll up/down
    if your question is answered, mark the thread as [SOLVED]. Thx.
    To post code or command output, use [code] tags.
    Check your bash script here // BashFAQ // BashPitfalls

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Quote Originally Posted by Morbius1 View Post
    I was trying to be clever and think of a way to resolve some flow issues that I was having. If I'm in "New Posts" there is no "Mark forums read" option. There is also no "Quick Links" option. If "Quick Links" appeared everywhere and had "mark forums read" and "New Posts" in it then I could do just about anything or go just about anywhere everywhere I was at that moment.
    As far as flow is concerned, it's useful to remember that the upper line of the navbar consists of tabs - "Forum" and "Latest Activity" being the two we have active at the moment. The lower line consists of the menus and/or links for that tab. If you use a combination of the tabs and browser forward and back buttons you should be able to navigate around fairly easily. We were trying to make all the useful links easily findable but without unnecessary duplication. Putting a quick links menu under both tabs is possible but might make the whole thing rather clumsy when/if we come to add more tabs or menus.

Whatever - we're open to suggestions, both for layout and any other links that might be useful in the navbar. As an example of a much more complex navbar in a forum using the same VB4 software, see http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/forum.php . I doubt we'd want as much as that, but you can see what is possible.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans

I want to be able to go to "New Posts" directly from the main page of the forum ( or anywhere on the forum ). Right now I have to go to "Latest Activity" - an area of the forum which to me serves no purpose. If "New Posts" was added to the "Quick List" I could do that.

Once I'm in "New Posts" I want the ability to "Mark Forums Read". If "Quick List" was available in "New Posts" I would be able to do that.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Morbius1 View Post
    I want to be able to go to "New Posts" directly from the main page of the forum ( or anywhere on the forum ). Right now I have to go to "Latest Activity" - an area of the forum which to me serves no purpose. If "New Posts" was added to the "Quick List" I could do that.

Once I'm in "New Posts" I want the ability to "Mark Forums Read". If "Quick List" was available in "New Posts" I would be able to do that.
    I can put New Posts back into Quick Links - however the way it's set up - it takes you straight to Latest Activity - no way I can see at present to stop that.

Which is why New Posts isn't in Quick Links in the Forum 'tab'.

So if there was a menu in Latest Activity replicating some functions currently available - you'd be going from one menu to a new page to a seperate menu there.

I'm not sure if you'd actually gain anything.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

One problem I am finding- I frequently use Quick Links>Find all my posts to keep tabs on threads I've been helping with, to see if there are any new replies. In the old forums, the icon would change if a reply had been added. Now I don't seem to have any visual indicator as to whether a new reply has been added.
    Am I just overlooking something?

Beans

I just tried the forums from my phone. I am surprised how useable it is. Also surprised how I never tried it before.

Sent from a warm bed.

Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast