You might notice that it's somewhat somewhat different. There are still some issues we are working on, but we decided it was better to get the upgrade done, after which we could attend to any outstanding items.
- All searches. -
it was necessary to rebuild the search index after the update which will probably take many hours. Rather than delay bringing the forum online again, we have disabled all searches as advised by sysadmins until the indexes have been rebuilt. Sorry for the inconvenience.- Indexes have now rebuilt. Please let us know of any issues.
- Advanced search - formatting issues - search can sometimes cause the list of forums to overlap with the page links. In vB3 searches returned only results and no list of which forums were searched.
- Misalignment of "welcome," line in Chromium but not Firefox at the far right.
Thread tags are not showing. Instead a tag icon shows and the actual tags will reveal when you hover over the icon. This is being investigated and we hope to be able to revert to how it used to be with tags showing.- fixed
- Image attachment bug. We have disabled some functionality to circumvent this but you will have all the funtionality that there was in VB3 and more.
- Thread Solved option missing. The plugin is not compatible with vB4 - we are investigating further. A workaround is described here.
Hiding post count in your profile does not function correctly.- fixed
- Navbar - this is likely to change as we enhance it further.
- Profiles in posts. Previously, this defaulted to the left, but it now defaults to on top. Members with 25 beans or more can change this by going to Settings (at top of page) -> My Settings -> Edit Profile -> Location of Member Profile and changing the value in that field. Please be aware that we may be setting the default to on left in due course and this will over-ride any individual settings, but we have no plan to remove the choice.
Unanswered Posts - the plugin for this is incompatible with vB4. We hope to restore this function in due course.- done. Item now in quick links.
If you notice any usability issues, formatting issues, missing features or anything that you think needs our attention, do post, but please read through the list above first. Please be aware that some things that appear to you as issues may in fact be a different way of working in vB4. So we can keep this thread free of background noise and concentrate on what really matters, please also note:
- Posts that only mention issues already listed here will be removed.
- Off-topic or pointless chatter will be removed.
Last point - a usability enhancement that will be welcome. vB4 includes an autosave system; when you are working on a post it is autosaved every so often. If you leave the page before posting you should be prompted to restore the content.