Thread: Install GnucashEditor

Beans

Install GnucashEditor

This is an editor for Gnucash data to help automate tasks. It contains jGnucashEditor, jGnucashLib, and jGnucashViewer. The viewer and Gnucash data can be given to an auditor at tax time, so it can be reviewed. It can also be used to close the books, which is why I'm looking at it.

Has anyone installed this editor? I downloaded it from https://sourceforge.net/project/show...kage_id=162875 jGnucashEditor-bin-x.y.z.zip. The instructions say to extract the file to a local directory, and start it by running the executable lib/jpf-boot.jar. I get the Message: can't find plug-in class biz.wolschon.finance.jgnucash.JPFMain in the jpf-boot-error.txt file, so the package doesn't install properly. I can't find any answers on the web, and hope somebody else has seen the problem, and been able to resolve it. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by frankl6910; December 9th, 2011 at 04:59 PM. Reason: Additional information about product

Beans

Re: Install GnucashEditor

I have the same problem on Ubuntu 12.10 LTS.
    Code:
    "Application start failed. Error: org.java.plugin.PluginLifecycleException: can't find plug-in class biz.wolschon.finance.jgnucash.JPFMain"