Thread: broadcom BCM4311

Beans

Question broadcom BCM4311

When i upgraded from lubuntu 12.04 to 12.20 i lost my wireless i have a Dell Inspiron e1405 with a Network controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM4311 802.11b/g WLAN (rev 01) in it after installing and removing and reinstalling removing the kernal like i did when i had lubuntu 12.04 everytime i shutoff the computer i had to install and remove the kernal to get it working, finaly i removed the BCM fireware and installed non-free firmware for linux kernel drivers and this shows up in the additional drivers, it work I have been using it this way for over a month
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: broadcom BCM4311

Quote Originally Posted by dale52 View Post
    When i upgraded from lubuntu 12.04 to 12.20 i lost my wireless i have a Dell Inspiron e1405 with a Network controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM4311 802.11b/g WLAN (rev 01) in it after installing and removing and reinstalling removing the kernal like i did when i had lubuntu 12.04 everytime i shutoff the computer i had to install and remove the kernal to get it working, finaly i removed the BCM fireware and installed non-free firmware for linux kernel drivers and this shows up in the additional drivers, it work I have been using it this way for over a month
    Hi, and welcome to the forums dale52!

So are you having any problems with the wireless now? This doesn't sound like a support request.

If you are trying to help others by sharing your experience, it would be a good idea to post in relevant threads where people are having problem with their BCM4312 card, instead of posting a separate thread. That would be more helpful and much appreciated.

Let us know if you are having any problem with your card.

Please see general forum rules and posting tips here, and enjoy your stay on the forums!
    Varun
    Help others by marking threads as [SOLVED], if they are. (See how)
    Wireless Script | Use Code Tags
    Am I not replying you? Perhaps this is why.