Thread: Cheat codes not working in PCSX

Beans
    Hidden!

Cheat codes not working in PCSX

I haven't tried this in a few months, but I don't think PCSX has been updated since, so I assume it still holds true.

I tried playing Castlevania SOTN on PCSX with a few GameShark codes enabled. I was using the built-in cheat menu, and put in the typical infinite health code. After starting the game, I noticed the code wasn't working. I tried a few other codes, and it was the same result.

The same thing happened with Final Fantasy Tactics. I entered infinite health codes for each player team slot, and none of the codes worked. All my allies still took damage.

There are a few codes that actually did work, but most didn't appear to. Does PCSX not fully support GameShark? Should I try running an actual GameShark before the game?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Re: Cheat codes not working in PCSX

Moved to Gaming & Leisure
    Please read The Forum Rules and The Forum Posting Guidelines

A thing discovered and kept to oneself must be discovered time and again by others. A thing discovered and shared with others need be discovered only the once.
    This universe is crazy. I'm going back to my own.

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Cheat codes not working in PCSX

Quote Originally Posted by QIII View Post
    Moved to Gaming & Leisure
    I posted this in the emulator sub-forum, since PCSX is an emulator. Was it not in the right place to begin with?