Thread: Cheat codes not working in PCSX

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Cheat codes not working in PCSX

I haven't tried this in a few months, but I don't think PCSX has been updated since, so I assume it still holds true.

I tried playing Castlevania SOTN on PCSX with a few GameShark codes enabled. I was using the built-in cheat menu, and put in the typical infinite health code. After starting the game, I noticed the code wasn't working. I tried a few other codes, and it was the same result.

The same thing happened with Final Fantasy Tactics. I entered infinite health codes for each player team slot, and none of the codes worked. All my allies still took damage.

There are a few codes that actually did work, but most didn't appear to. Does PCSX not fully support GameShark? Should I try running an actual GameShark before the game?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Re: Cheat codes not working in PCSX

Moved to Gaming & Leisure
    The Community Java Wiki * The Community ATI Driver Wiki * Find what you need in the Ubuntu Community wikis

And seeing the terror on the faces of the people, QIII did speak to them, saying "Fear not the Terminal, for it is a road both swift and secure to the Great Mysteries of Linux without passing through the dangers of The Land of Ten Thousand Competing Desktop Environments."

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Cheat codes not working in PCSX

Quote Originally Posted by QIII View Post
    Moved to Gaming & Leisure
    I posted this in the emulator sub-forum, since PCSX is an emulator. Was it not in the right place to begin with?