Thread: Winetricks and the perpetual sha1sum errors

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Winetricks and the perpetual sha1sum errors

I've been trying to install Flash (among other things) with Wintricks. Every single time I do it, whether from GUI or terminal, it gives a sha1sum error. (also noted that sh winetricks no longer works, must use just winetricks)

I've tried giving all users full control of ~\.cache\winetricks and have deleted the files each time the error occurs, but it still happens every time.

What gives? Winetricks used to be useful, now it just seems broken.
    MSI FM2-A75MA-E35 Motherboard - AMD A4-6300 Richland 3.7GHz (Radeon HD 8370D) - G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB - Iomega KVM - MS Digital Media Pro Keyboard
    The cure to dependency hell: apt-get install apt-file - apt-file search file-from-error

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Exclamation Re: Winetricks and the perpetual sha1sum errors

Was able to get Flash 11 installed using the SVN release at: http://winetricks.googlecode.com/svn...src/winetricks.

Flash 10 did not install. It gave the same sha1sum error.

Is all that's wrong with Winetricks just a few outdated URLs and sums?
    MSI FM2-A75MA-E35 Motherboard - AMD A4-6300 Richland 3.7GHz (Radeon HD 8370D) - G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB - Iomega KVM - MS Digital Media Pro Keyboard
    The cure to dependency hell: apt-get install apt-file - apt-file search file-from-error