Thread: Mythbuntu 12.04 hangs randomly and cause network router data stop

Beans

Mythbuntu 12.04 hangs randomly and cause network router data stop

Problem is that my Mythbuntu 12.04 totally hangs randomly. It can happens many time in day but some day it works fine without any hangs.
    Screen freeze totally in Ubuntu. Can not do anything. This hang cause also problem with my network router.
    All LAN ports traffic stop and not continue before I remove network cable from Ubuntu or reboot Ubuntu PC. I have connected two different PCs to this same router and both network traffic stopped.
    WLAN connection works fine during Ubuntu hang.

How and what logs I need to activate in Ubuntu side which maybe help to solve this problem? What cause this Ubuntu crash and simultaneous my router traffic stop problem. It is easy to notice when Ubuntu is hanged because my primary PC didn't go network anymore

Beans

Re: Mythbuntu 12.04 hangs randomly and cause network router data stop

I just updated my kernel 3.2.0.38 => 3.5.0.25
    let's see if this help to my problem.

Beans

Re: Mythbuntu 12.04 hangs randomly and cause network router data stop

I had this same issue when I was running mythdora. I was not sure if it was my hardware or the older version of fedora that was causing issues. I built a new backend server and switched to the latest version of mythbuntu. I have not had the problem anymore. It was crazy as it was taking my network down.