Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: get rid of KDE?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: get rid of KDE?

Not sure, it would be whatever was installed with Kubuntu Sorry still real green at this....

I did however take a look at the dependecies that are attached to the java wrapper, turns out they are flash inastaller, software center, and unity greeter. I can not for the life of me get them to go through.

I also found out that synaptic will not open unless I force it through the terminal using:
    Code:
    gksu-synaptic
    Then when I had it open I tried to install something else and got an error saying that there is an apt-get process already running" and to run
    Code:
    sudo dpkg-configure -a
    That then tells me to install aptitude to make it easier, well...... I can't because an apt-get is already running LOL...

Well in light of the obvious mess I have on my hands here I have decided that a fresh install of Ubuntu 12.04 is in order!!

I really appreciate you trying to help, but like I said, I think the best course of action unfortunately is to start over with the right stuff first...

Thanks Again

Geeve
    Dell E521, AMD AthlonTM 64 X2 dual-core, 3GB Ram, PNY GeForce 9800GT 1GB, Acer 1916W x2, 250GB internal (main), 500 GB internal (backup), 1TB External

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 15.04 Vivid Vervet

Re: get rid of KDE?

Sorry you're having so many problems. Better luck next time, hopefully.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12