Thread: Clear History in Pinta 1.3

Hybrid View

Beans

Clear History in Pinta 1.3

I have Pinta 1.3 on Lubuntu 12.10, I am looking for someway to delete the History of what I've done on the current image. I can't find a way to do this.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Clear History in Pinta 1.3

What exactly do you mean? I run Pinta 1.4, and while you're working on an image you can easily undo changes that you make on your image by using the history dialogue window.

However, once you've saved, closed and reopened an image, I don't think there's any way to access the history of the image again.

Beans

I mean I as I continue to edit an image in pinta, in the History pane the list of things I do gets longer and longer. I want a way to clear that.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Riiiight, now I see what you mean!

Pinta is inspired by paint.net, and in paint.net they actually removed the "clear history" button. So it's perfectly possible that there simply isn't such a feature in Pinta, either. (Correct me if I'm wrong, anyone?)

If it turns out that there isn't such a feature, I'd recommend you to file it as a bug: https://bugs.launchpad.net/pinta

Pinta is supposed to be much simpler than Gimp, but I'd say there ought to be a reasonable balance between simplicity and the amount of features present.