Thread: SD card is not mounted in Lubuntu

Beans

SD card is not mounted in Lubuntu

Hello,

I have a 2GB Transcend SD card for my Camera but when I entered it in my laptop's SD slot then it is not mounted automatically by Lubuntu. I did not have the same problem with Ubuntu. I can not see it also in the graphical Storage Device Manager.

I tried this and this but the problem still persists. I also update my Lubuntu to Kernel Version: 3.5.0-25-generic and Ubuntu Version: Ubuntu 12.10 but the SD card is not recognized.

Do you maybe have other ideas?

Thanks!

Beans

Re: SD card is not mounted in Lubuntu

I have a good answer for you, but it's not what you were looking for.

Get a USB card reader, like this one. They're not expensive -- $25 - $35 USD. Then you can use your SD card in any computer with a USB port.
    Intel Core i7-950 / Asus P6X58D-E / Nvidia GTX480 / siduction 64-bit on OCZ Revodrive SSD / KDE4.10.2/ Kubuntu 13.04

Beans

Thanks for the reply but is this really the only solution? I did not have any problem with Ubuntu.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by dabl View Post
    I have a good answer for you, but it's not what you were looking for.

Get a USB card reader, like this one. They're not expensive -- $25 - $35 USD. Then you can use your SD card in any computer with a USB port.
    I am not sure if the USB card reader will work. I can connect my Camera with USB anyway but for some reasons I can not copy large video files. When I start copying large files from my Camera to Laptop through USB (the USB is connected to the Camera) then the copy fails because after some time the device seems unmounted. Do you know why is that so? It works fine with image files or small video files.

Beans

The USB card reader works better than cameras and cell phones, in my experience. My experience is 2 different readers used on 4 or 5 different computers.
    Intel Core i7-950 / Asus P6X58D-E / Nvidia GTX480 / siduction 64-bit on OCZ Revodrive SSD / KDE4.10.2/ Kubuntu 13.04

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by goun View Post
    Thanks for the reply but is this really the only solution? I did not have any problem with Ubuntu.
    Unfortunately, generally -- YES. Some of the card readers require special drivers, which are readily available for Windows, but NOT for Linux.

Switching to a USB-based card reader generally yields better results.
    Ubuntu 20.04, Mint 19.10; MS Win10 Pro.
    Will not respond to PM requests for support -- use the forums.