Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Very slow SDD/HDD performance

Beans

Re: Very slow SDD/HDD performance

Yes. Strange, isn't it?

Anyway, here are my conclusions.
    • With "noapic", I get lag both after suspend/resume, and after (un)plugging the AC adapter
    • With "nolapic", I can suspend, but still get lag when (un)plugging the AC
    • With "nolapic" I only see 1 of 4 CPU cores
    • With "noapic nolapic", I have the same behaviour as with only "nolapic"

I think I will take it to Launchpad from here.

Thanks a lot for your discussion, dabl.

Beans

I started to think this was related to bumblebee (or bbswitch), but maybe not.

I have a new, clean, Kubuntu 12.10 installation on a separate partition on the HDD. Everything is on the same partition on that installation. The only modification is that I have disabled the swap partition, not to overwrite the hibernate file of my other Kubuntu installation. On that installation, things work as they should.

From my main installation, I purged everything related to nvidia and bumblebee, and cleaned the boot command line to have no extra options. But the problem remains: I get lots of lag after I unplug the AC or do suspend.

So I don't know which package I could file a bug report to on Launchpad either.

I should try to check what other differences there are between my problematic Kubuntu installation and the clean, working, one.

Beans

I have now upgraded to Kubuntu 13.04 (first an upgrade, but now a clean install), and I still see the same problem. After a bit of more troubleshooting, I see that I get the slowness problem also on the HDD installation.

However, a workaround seems to be to hibernate and resume. After resuming from hibernate, things are as fast as from a reboot, until I unplug the AC cord or suspend again.

This workaround is a bit cumbersome, but it works for me.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234