Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 12.04 about persistent liveusb stick with account users in it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: 12.04 about persistent liveusb stick with account users in it.

Yes one partition is minimum.

If you are planning on also using the USB stick to transfer data to/from a Windows computer, note that windows can only see FAT and NTFS file systems and can only see the first partition on a flash drive.

Having a separate /home partition allows you to upgrade while keeping all of your settings, cookies and other stuff in your home folder.

Having swap space allows the computer to go into hibernation.

If you do not want any of the above optional partitions and have disconnected your internal drives you may use the installation type "Erase disk and install Ubuntu". this will give you one partition, (/), and swap space.

Beans

Great , awesome .

Mind as well make both and see wich i prefer !!

I got 2 16 Gigs usb

Hope i can finish tonigh or tomorow !

Ty again

Beans

I did everything but something seem not working.

Pnce all partition done , it says device for boot loader installation , i chose to install on /dev/sdb Wich the description of lexar jumpdrive (16G) , i click install now and nothing happens beside ubuntu kinda of thinking .

I do not think u met i choose sdb1 , 2 or 3 where are the partirion i create right to install the boot loader ?

Even when i go directly to install ubuntu snd not choose " option something else " , nothing happens

U click install now and circle animation start ( kind like thinking animation) but it just stop and nothing happens

Maybe i need to format first the usb key in full tho i dunno in what kind format ubuntu reads so i can install ubuntu on my usb key , the simpler form of installation , letting ubuntu do all the work having only 1 partition

Yup each time i try , the computr just get stuck kind like in thinking mode
    Seem i am missing something , so sad , and i have to close manually the computer to restart cause nothing eorks once i try to install it
    Last edited by MontrealCorp; February 28th, 2013 at 06:59 AM.

Beans

well everything works great !

i had simply to reformat at start my usb stick to factory setting....seem a normal erase was not working for ubuntu installation.

TY so much !!!

imo , not enough info are available for this !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12